Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oatmeal + Poached Egg?!!

I usually work early mornings on Saturdays.  This means taking breakfast to work.  Today, I decided to combine two of my favorite breakfast items in a not-so-traditional fashion: oatmeal + poached egg.  I love eggs.  I think they are amazing for any meal.  I usually scramble them, fry them, or occasionally bake them (shirred eggs), however these methods are difficult to do when the only thing I have access to is a microwave.  I've done eggs in the microwave before, but they've come out rubbery over-cooked.

I found this "perfectly poached egg" on bon appetite's website, and their method of choice?  The microwave!!  One minute in 1/2 cup of water in the microwave, and you have a perfectly poached egg.

I threw this on top of a bowl of the best quick oatmeal I've found, Trader Joe's brand.  Apple-cinnamon today.  I actually added a bit of salt and pepper.  It was very brunchy, combining the sweet flavors of the oatmeal and savory, creamy goodness of the egg topped with salt and pepper.  This will certainly be a repeat breakfast for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment