Sunday, February 13, 2011

Entry #1

Welcome to Dry Toast Nashville!  My name is Ryan Ochsner, and I am a young Nashville musician and songwriter with a love for food, music, humor, and inspiration.  I've been thinking of the concept of this blog for quite some time, and I finally decided it was time to get it up and running.  So, what's up with the name, dry toast?  When I was initally trying to think of a name for the blog, a friend of mine fecetiously suggested I should just go with the name, "dry toast" - like my personality.  I actually loved the idea. 

I love humor - especially dark and dry.  Laughing at life's stupid moments has seriously prevented me from snapping or going into a coma on multiple occasions.  Additionally, among my family and close friends, I'm known as a true foodie and somewhat of a health nut.  I love cooking meals for friends and enjoying new restaurants.  As for the health nut portion, thanks to mass media and confusion, most people today still believe that butter (saturated fats, in general) are unhealthy and will make you fat [more on this soon to come].  This, of course, is not true, and I really enjoy learning about the food we eat and how it can be healthy - or not-so-healthy.  "Nashville" in the same is pretty self-explanitory.  I love this city, and I love even more exploring anything local that it has to offer, be it restaurants, shops, people, etc.  Anyways, that basically completes the picture of my blog title.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment